- In Stock
- Product Code:
Our 5-free pregnancy-safe nail polish formula does not contain toluene, formaldehyde, formaldehyde resin, dibutyl phthalate or camphor. Through our cheeky polish names we show a little extra lovin’ to the preggos, but Knocked Up Nails is also safe for allergy sufferers, cancer patients & children. Our hip, modern hues are long-lasting and chip resistant. All of our polishes are cruelty free and made in the USA. Knocked Up Nails is gluten-free & vegan.
* Our pregnancy-safe nail polish formula is “5-Free” and does not contain toluene, formaldehyde, formaldehyde resin, dibutyl phthalate (DBP) or camphor.
* We show a little extra lovin’ to the preggos, but Knocked Up Nails is also safe for allergy sufferers, cancer patients & children.
* Our hip, modern hues are long-lasting and chip resistant
* All of our polishes are cruelty free and made in the USA
* Each bottle contains .50 fl. oz
* Vegan & Gluten-Free
When using Knockedup nails, you must apply it in a well ventilated area. Knockedup nails is not odor free.
Avoiding Toluene, Formaldehyde, Dibutyl Phthalate and Camphor
Like so many matters relating to maternity, use of cosmetics is a personal choice. Knocked Up Nails does not wish to scare you into using our polish (or other “4-free” polishes)! However, we are happy to pass along what we have learned about the chemicals that we have chosen to exclude from our nail polish:
* Formaldehyde has been classified as a human carcinogen (cancer-causing substance) by the International Agency for Research on Cancer and as a probable human carcinogen by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). It is also considered a possible irritant to the eyes, nose and throat, and may lead to skin irritation and an allergic rash called dermatitis.
* The EPA restricts toluene in drinking water because it affects the central nervous system and can cause headaches, dizziness and fatigue, as well as damage to the liver and kidneys.
* DBP (dibutyl phthalate) is prohibited for use in cosmetics in the European Union because it is a possible human reproductive or developmental toxin. The data from several peer-reviewed scientific studies indicated that DBP may be an endocrine disruptor, which means that it disrupts the natural balance of hormones in the body.
* Lastly, camphor can cause irritation to eyes, skin, and nose, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, headache, and dizziness.
Knocked Up Nails does not contain toluene, formaldehyde, dibutyl phthalate and camphor.
Ingredients: Butyl Acetate, Ethyl Acetate Nitrocellulose, Acetyl Tributyl Citrate, Adipic Acid/ Neopentyl Glycol/ Trimellitic Anhydride Copolymer, Isopropyl Alcohol, Stearalkonium Bentonite, Acrylates Copolymer, Styrene/Acrylates, Copolymer,Benzophenone-1, CI 77891,CI 19140, CI 15850, CI 15850,CI 15880, CI 77491,CI 77499, CI 77510, CI 77163 Polyethylene Terephthalate, Aluminium Powder, Mica